The Paddocks

Map from 1912

Map showing the extent of the ownership of the Paddocks in 1906.
This plan is attached to the conveyance of that date.

Map showing the extent of the ownership of the Paddocks in 1917. This plan is attached to the conveyance of that date. You will note that each Plot now has a number -36,37,38,40,41

In its heyday

The Paddocks Tea Gardens – besides being a tea garden, many games were on offer including Cricket, Football, Tennis, Croquet, Bowls and Quoits.

The Paddocks covered 40 acres and included a miniature farm for children and stabling for horses.

The row of trees in the background formed the boundary of the new Mile Oak. They were to be the end of the back gardens of the bungalow in Stanley Avenue.

The farm animals with the Tea Gardens behind. Apparently very popular considering the number of people enjoying afternoon tea.

Children enjoying the Paddocks and the open air. It is understood that tobogganing was carried out on this slope.

Extract from ‘The Hove Year Book 1907’

Souvenirs

Items purchased whilst visiting the Paddocks –┬ánow in the ownership of David Quantrill and his wife.
Another style of plate now owned by Rod Jones